Essiac tea is a traditional Native American formula that was rediscovered by nurse Rene Caisse of Canada.
*Essiac is a product that is composed of four or more herbs, two of which — Sheep Sorrel and Burdock Root have healing properties.
*The other two herbs build the immune system and deal with detox and protecting the organs. Essiac Tea is a long-proven method for boosting the immune system.
Essiac Tea Nutrition Facts
*The four ingredients in essiac tea are loaded with nutrients and medicinal properties. Rene apparently used Indian rhubarb at one point, but later changed to Turkey rhubarb, claiming that it was less bitter and more palatable. To this day, manufacturers and marketers of Essiac tea debate about the differences between Turkey rhubarb and Indian rhubarb. Herbalists, who are focused on medicinal qualities of herbs, seem to agree that both varieties of rhubarb are about the same medicinally and both are better than common garden rhubarb root.
Essiac Tea Benefits
When consumed, Essiac tea acts as a natural anti-inflammatory agent throughout the body. Since inflammation is at the root of practically all diseases, Essiac can be helpful for such a wide range of ailments. Essiac can be especially helpful when it comes to treating the inflammation and chronic pain.
Sheep sorrel, one of the four key ingredients in Essiac tea, is commonly used to help reduce inflammation.
* Strengthens Immune System
* Essiac shows that it has significant antioxidant and immunomodulatory properties. The burdock root in Essiac tea helps detox the lymphatic system, a process which is excellent for the immune system and body as a whole.
* Detoxify the Body
Essiac tea contains burdock root, an awesome blood purifier that clears out toxins from the bloodstream. In addition, Indian or Turkey rhubarb root also helps detoxify the system by acting as a gentle yet highly effective laxative. It also helps support a liver cleanse by removing waste from the liver, furthering Essiac tea’s detoxifying effects since the liver is our most detoxifying organ. Used traditionally in small amounts, this herb acts as a gently laxative and helps purge the liver of toxic buildup and waste.
* Improves Gastrointestinal Problems
* Essiac tea’s slippery elm is amazing when it comes to gastrointestinal issues. Slippery elm contains mucilage, a substance that becomes a slick gel when mixed with water. This mucilage coats and soothes the lining of the mouth, throat, stomach and intestines. Slippery elm is also high in antioxidants and calms the inflammation that comes with gastrointestinal conditions.
* Slippery elm also causes reflux stimulation of nerve endings in the gastrointestinal tract, which leads to increased mucus secretion. The increased mucus levels can guard the gastrointestinal tract against excess acidity as well as ulcers.
* Indian or Turkey rhubarb further helps the gastrointestinal system. The rhubarb contains malic acid that helps the body to make ATP more efficiently, aiding in energy levels and healing, which has a positive and balancing effect on the whole digestive system.
* This Essiac tonic is said to enable the body to effectively remove toxins and wastes, permitting for cellular renewal and revitalized health.
The anecdotal record of Essiac's efficacy goes back 100 years, and we consider it a valid indicator of the value of this herbal formula.
OUR PRODUCT - THRIVE ESSIAC TEA
This tea is made with wild crafted, organic Herbs now with hand-crafted sheep sorrel roots!
Classic Four Herb Formula and brewed according to Rene Caisse’s original instructions.
• Burdock root
• Sheep sorrel root
• Slippery Elm inner bark
• Turkey Rhubarb root
All of our herbs are from the US. They are organically grown or sustainably wildcrafted in unpolluted areas, mostly in the US Pacific Northwest.